Corny to Sanke Keg Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangrui

Reaction score
I have a little keg dilemma.

Bought a sculpin 5 gallon and trying to hook it up to a sanke coupler with my quick disconnects but doing so doesn't allow me any clearance in the fridge like you can see in the photo below. It looks like it will fit I rest it diagonally in the fridge but not sure if that's a no-no or not? Just want to make sure I don't ruin the keg or anything else.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

photo(1).JPG

photo.JPG

The first pic doesn't look so bad as long as there's not a hard kink in the line.

There are also "low profile" sanke couplings available, e.g.: this one from Amazon (no affiliation)

I don't think you'll ruin the keg by tipping it like in the second pic, but you'll leave probably ~1 gal in the bottom where the dip tube/spear can't reach it.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not even all the way in on that first pic, so im not sure if itll even fit. gotta get one more screw on tailpiece tomorrow to hook up the sanke coupler i have to my quick disconnects.

yeah, i looked into the low profile couplers but am not sure if theres a way to hook up to the quick disconnects, which i'd prefer to do.

does anyone have any idea if i can switch out the barbed ends on the low profile sanke coupler to tail pieces that can screw on to quick disconnects?

I don't have firsthand experience, but they should be the same fittings as on the full size couplers, so if you're set up to do QD's with the regular coupler, the low profile should just swap in.

I have a low profile coupler and it's NOT the same as a normal coupler. Instead of screwing a hex nut onto the coupler, there are barbs on both the beer and CO2. I couldn't figure out an simple way to adapt it for the quick disconnects. If you come up with something, please share!

I ended up just putting a dedicated beer line that attached to the barb and had a beer nut on the other end. Can't remember what I did for the CO2. I have spare tanks so I might have just used a separate tank and regulator (not the most efficient). I had mine in my 5 keg keezer so we didn't go through it that quickly so I wasn't concerned with changing it out very often. If it's all you have on tap, it could become a pain to switch back and forth.

Latest posts

Back