Corny Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend who was visiting down that way pick up four for me in person last week & save me the shipping. He was able to hand pick them from the "like new" stack and I paid $150 for 4. Said the older fellow was extremely nice, the guy pressure tested them all to 80 PSI then shrink wrapped them. There's a young guy by the name of Dillon 407-474-7650 that handles the internet side of things, Ebay ad & replies, not exactly customer attentive but he did reply to my questions, I did talk to him on the phone, he offered $2 off each if I didn't want them cleaned. Their warehouse is in the New Smyrna airport industrial park.

No sorry that was regarding the guy in the bay area who claims to have hundreds.

I just ordered 4 "like new" from a company on eBay that has hundreds for $38 each a and if you don't care for looks they have them for $29. Shipping was reasonable. Is there a shortage?

I'm On my phone but this is his name.

image-2563040104.jpg

I just ordered 4 "like new" from a company on eBay that has hundreds for $38 each a and if you don't care for looks they have them for $29. Shipping was reasonable. Is there a shortage?

I'm On my phone but this is his name.

That's the florida guy everyone is talking about. Great deal, even better if you coordinate a price over the phone or email. He knocked $50 shipping off when I talked to him about shipping 20.

I just ordered 4 "like new" from a company on eBay that has hundreds for $38 each a and if you don't care for looks they have them for $29.

Just to update this...

After receiving my kegs I was less than pleased... I paid the extra for the "like-new" kegs and ended up with a broken ball-lock post and a few dents. I can buy a new ball-lock post I guess.... but overall it was a lot of work to recondition these.

Just to update this...

After receiving my kegs I was less than pleased... I paid the extra for the "like-new" kegs and ended up with a broken ball-lock post and a few dents. I can buy a new ball-lock post I guess.... but overall it was a lot of work to recondition these.

I bought from him for $35/keg shipped...guy was great to work with and all the kegs are pressure tested, only a few had dents/stickers, and i got the "good" condition ones, not "like new" Best deal going that i've found aside from a few local shops in far away places selling them at $25/each. Next best bet is buying the loose ones without lids for $10 each if/when they're in stock.

I've now left three voicemails for the Santa Rosa CraigsList guy with no return call, yet he's still posting every few days. Guess I'm back to the drawing board as I need at least 4 more kegs and want them cheaper than $65 each =(

Jukas said:
I've now left three voicemails for the Santa Rosa CraigsList guy with no return call, yet he's still posting every few days. Guess I'm back to the drawing board as I need at least 4 more kegs and want them cheaper than $65 each =(

If you can make your way to Modesto, CA,I hear Barley and Wine have them for under $40.

You can try cornykeg.com they have pinlocks with scraped handles for $15 sometimes its under the clearance section. Check every couple days cause they go fast when there in stock. I have 6 of them and there great.

Never thought I'd say this, but, "long time lurker, first time poster." Just wanted to share an experience; maybe it might help someone...

I picked up 3 kegs from the ebay seller, "mceverdistributors." Paid $100 for 3 of the better condition kegs. I wouldn't describe them as "new" but they are defenitally on par with the "reconditioned" $49 kegs from my LHBS or the $39 kegs on-line. At 33 I saved a few bucks. He did say that they do much better pricing in bulk and had pallets that were being picked up by FedEx, probably headed for mark up at local stores. He allowed me to pick from the lot, which literally were several hundred neatly stacked kegs. I didn't bother sorting through them, and just grabbed the first 3 in the lot. All 3 pressure tested fine. After a half hour in the driveway a bit of "bar keepers friend" they all look pretty darn good. Not NEW, but nice; good enough that if I open the keezer to show friends, I wont have to worry about them thinking "he's serving beer out of THAT?" Hope that helps someone.

Most of the decent priced Corneys online the shipping charge kills the deal. I ended up ordering 4 from Farmhouse Brewing Supply for $40 each & free shipping. Honestly I probably would have paid $45 each locally from that Craigslist dude if he had ever bothered returning my calls.

Jukas said:
Most of the decent priced Corneys online the shipping charge kills the deal. I ended up ordering 4 from Farmhouse Brewing Supply for $40 each & free shipping. Honestly I probably would have paid $45 each locally from that Craigslist dude if he had ever bothered returning my calls.

Got 1 today for 32.95 from the home brew shop in Modesto. Great deal and it is in decent condition.

Got 1 today for 32.95 from the home brew shop in Modesto. Great deal and it is in decent condition.

That's a good price, and I looked at a couple of the links to HBS in Modesto as well as Moore Beer in the South Bay, but they're all at least 70 - 120mi away one way from me and in area's I don't normally go to which would necessitate a special trip. By the time I factored in the gas cost it wasn't really worth it.

Jukas said:
That's a good price, and I looked at a couple of the links to HBS in Modesto as well as Moore Beer in the South Bay, but they're all at least 70 - 120mi away one way from me and in area's I don't normally go to which would necessitate a special trip. By the time I factored in the gas cost it wasn't really worth it.

How far is concord from you? That is where the more beer shop is.

Just to update this...

Did he offer to fix/replace it?

Another update to this thread. Barley and Wine in Modesto is still a great resource for Corny's.

I have also found a 7up distributor who has some corny's that they are willing to sell for 20 a piece they are in good condition and just need to be rebuilt.

Another update to this thread. Barley and Wine in Modesto is still a great resource for Corny's.

I have also found a 7up distributor who has some corny's that they are willing to sell for 20 a piece they are in good condition and just need to be rebuilt.

Hello, How about sharing the contact information for the 7up distributer?
Please?

Cheers:mug:

He's referring to the 7 Up Distributor in Modesto. I forget the name of the distributor, but if you search 7 Up Distributor Modesto CA, I bet you'll find it. I contacted them some months ago, and they never got back to me. Calling them might be better, but I didn't have the time and got some cornies from a brewing friend instead.

Back