Corney kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatenight

Reaction score
Hey guys, are these the kind of corney kegs to use with beer? I know there's a couple different types, ball lock, etc. they look beat up, a couple look broken... Should I snag 'em?

image-2669537396.jpg

They are probably OK. Make sure they have posts/poppets in them, and lids. They should have pressure relief valves on the lids too (if ball lock kegs). These look like ball lock kegs to me, but the picture is too small to tell for certain.

Corny kegs have been around for a long time, and as such most of them will look a little [or a lot] beat up. They clean up very well, and if you replace the 5 rubber gaskets on them, they work great for beer.

Thanks guys. He sent me a video of the stuff for sale including a beat-up kegolator that I might buy too. Here's a better picture of the Corney lids, since the relief valve has a ring to pull, I think that confirms it's a ball lock, right? Trying to meet up with him, but he's hard to nail-down. I'm chomping at the bit!!

Clipboard01.jpg

Don't know, but I don't think he thinks they're worth much. He said make me an offer. I'm going to low-ball him....if I can ever nail down a time to see them.

Don't know, but I don't think he thinks they're worth much. He said make me an offer. I'm going to low-ball him....if I can ever nail down a time to see them.

If he has more kegs than your interested in, I'd like his contact information. I'm looking for a couple in good shape. Thanks.

fyi, ball lock refers to the connecting posts. The other style is pin-lock, with pins sticking out the sides of the posts.

Snag 'em!

Looks like ther is one pin-lock in the group...front and center. No big deal though. I'm sure you can sell it and help off-set some of your cost since the rest appear to be ball lock.

Back