Cornelius Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymonkey

Reaction score
So what is the deal? If you get one or two of these, what else do you need? A C02 regulator, a fridge - what else? Are they a PITA to work with? A simple solution? Do you go straight from your secondary to them without priming sugar?

psymonkey said:
So what is the deal? If you get one or two of these, what else do you need? A C02 regulator, a fridge - what else? Are they a PITA to work with? A simple solution? Do you go straight from your secondary to them without priming sugar?

Corny kegs are incredibly easy to use. Need a CO2 reg, CO2 tank, all the connectors and hoses, and of course...a tap. How much you invest in all of this is up to you. Kegs come either new or used, and you can get by with a simple plastic tap if you don't want to invest in a real one that you mount through the door or side of your fridge.

IMHO...one of the best things you can do to make your brewing more of a pleasure.

psymonkey:

You can buy an entire keg system from ebrew.com that has 3 used kegs, the CO2 bottle, the dual guage regulator, the hose setups, new gasket/seals, and instructions for $165.00 (everything you need!)
It was the best deal I could find, I bought mine last month, I've been very impressed so far. Very easy to work with compaired to all the PITA you deal with bottles. Wish I would have kegged years ago.
Yes you'll also need a fridge to keep your kegs cool.

Wow, that sounds like a bargain in the long run. Thanks for the info! I can't believe i dropped $60 on two Corny's last night thinking it was a steal after shipping. Doh!

$60 for two cornys is not bad, and anyway, you'll want five of them! It's great to have them around to store finished batches in. If you scrounge yourself a nice big fridge you can store four of them in it.

Kegging rules! I haven't bottled in years. There's so much less to wash with kegging, and there is nothing so cool as having a tap or three to pour beers from for your friends. It's THE way to serve homebrew :D

Cheers :D

Back