Corn Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulpfiction32

Reaction score
So I just pitched the yeast on this brew. It goes like this 3Gal batch. 6#

Sweet corn, 9 oranges zest and juice. 36 peppercorns ,2 cans of white

grape juice concentrate and 10.5# of sugar, Yeast EC-1118. this recipe is

from the purple book that everyone has. In the recipe its described as a

(SIT DOWN WINE) because you have to sit down to drink it. I have no idea

how this will taste, maybe something like thanksgiving dinner but it makes

your wife way more attractive

abv was 15% but that was before the corn was added so i will check again

in the morning

doesnt anyone have the purple book, I thought it was standard literature for

the home winemaker. Its a recipe book with all kinds of crazy crap in it. like

corn wine . carrot and malt recipes and raisin sherry

I think the purple book comes with every wine kit. I have it- and I've made a couple of recipes out of it. Some are really good recipes, others might not be that great, but they are all pretty standard recipes and worth a try!

Thanks for the purple book heads up.
Other than apfelwine I am a beer maker and only have the Papazan and Palmer brew bibles.
Although I wouldn't mind opening my horizons and having a couple homeade reds around the house. I have tasted a few homemade wines from SWMBO's mother's neighbor that have been fantastic.

I have made the rhubarb from the purple book and it is good. I modified the recipe and made rhubarb grape (using frozen) and that is even better than the rhubarb. I just bottled the tomato wine from that book and WOW! is it good! I only made a 3 gallon batch but next year I may make a couple! Way better than the rhubarbs. I don't like young wine but this stuff was wonderful without any ageing.

I think it would be great if owners of the purple book would report on what recipes they have tried and which ones weren't very good.

how about it?

I have made the following recipes from the purple book. 1 Raspberry wine,

2 Raisin sherry, 3 strawberry jelly wine , 4 Pineapple.

The raisin sherry turned out really well its aging now but i have tasted along the way and its great. The strawberry jelly wine was really good too the rest are still in the secondary

It is called Winemaker's recipe handbook. Most brewstores will carry it, or check online. Very inexpensive - mine was 3.95 and has over 100 recipes in it.

Back