Corn Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
Where does everybody get there corn sugar? I don't know if it's as simple as going to the grocery store for most, but for whatever reason none of the grocery stores in my area here (Gaithersburg, Maryland) carry it. Am I going to have to go back to my LHBS for some? Thanks.
Nick

You don't grow your own corn and get the sugar that way? :)

But seriously though, I haven't been able to find a grocery store that carries it. Maybe a place like Whole Foods would carry it?

I get it at my LHBS or order it online. And the few kits I've ordered have had a small packet of sugar to use when bottling.

I needed some dextrose for apfelwein, and don't have a local HBS around here...so I called a couple health food stores around town (including Whole Paycheck), and nobody had it. Luckily a friend of mine just opened up an online HBS here, so I was able to get it from him. I wouldn't count on traditional stores carrying dextrose---you can get it from online HBS's or nutritional/bodybuilding supplement places.

yeah, its easier to find corn sugar (which is dextrose) online for less than $1 a pound.
sometimes a health food store has it, but not real often.

cheapest place is usually the LHBS. And there you can get it in 5 lbs. unlike searching elsewhere.

Nick,

Which HBS are you going to? The Flying Barrel or Maryland Homebrew?

FB is in Frederick, just north of you.
MDHB is in Columbia.

I have never been to FB, but I think that MDHB has better hours.

Back