Corker for Belgian 750 ml Beer Bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conway

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got 2 1/2 cases of Belgian bottles for free from the local beer shop :) and want to know of a good corker to buy (good price).

Any tips on a good one for a good price.

Cheers,

I have one of these that I bought from the LHBS. It will do champagne corks if you put a stopper over the plunger that pushes the cork into the bottle. I think it works quite well.

I'd look into renting or borrowing just to make sure you want to cork. I have the champagne floor corker which is super nice, but pricey. The other thing that keeps me from corking as often is that it works out to about 45 cents per bottle for the cork and cage, and Belgian caps are only 5 cents. Take the $12 extra packaging cost per batch into account before shelling out cash for the equipment.

That's a nice price on the floor corker above. Search Colonna Corker on ebay. I found a good retailer and got mine for about $60 with shipping. It takes a little practice and a trick to get the cork out since it's made to push a cork all the way into the bottle, but I've used it on several batches now and love it.

Thanks for all the good info! I will start to hunt around for a used one.
I called N. Brewer (close to my house) and they rent out the Champagne corkers for ~$10.00 a day.

Cheers!

you have put a drilled stopper on the plunger and use something (stick or screwdriver handle)to push the bottle out after its corked, but you can cork belgians with a portuguese floor corker.

Back