coriander and orange peel in brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
I really like the wits I've tried with coriander and orange peel. My dad likes wits and my stepdad likes brown ales. It gave me an idea to kinda mix the idea. I want to make a sweet brown ale with coriander and orange peel. Does anyone think that wouldn't work? I won't be getting around to this one any time soon, but I'd like to hear some opinions, before I get too into the idea. Thanks!

Not sure how they'd do in a brown ale, but I'd be excited to try it out in an American Amber.

I think the style has characteristics of both browns and wits in some ways. Also, even non-craft beer drinkers tend to enjoy a good amber.

Sounds like a great idea. Rochefort uses coriander in their dark ales, and orange may work with chocolate elements in the brown ale. Balancing the hops may be the trick.

It could be awesome. I say go for it!

Thanks for the input. This gives me some things think about for putting together a recipe. I think this will be next on my list. Thanks.

Back