Coors Light Replica

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLoverHere

Reaction score
FYI if anyone is trying to make a clone of a BMC. I went to my brew store a few days ago and was making a cream ale. After submitting my ingredients to a worker that I've known for 4 years, he said, "This is a Coors Light recipe. Isn't it?" Although I wasn't going for that specifically (I just wanted a true BJCP cream ale style), he said it was spot on to what Coors does. I have no idea how accurate it is and don't really care, but figured some others may want to experiment/weigh in. I've been making a variation of this cream ale recipe for a long time (about every 3 batches or so) to have house beer that everyone can drink. I've never made the same recipe twice, but rather switch my base malts, hops, and/or yeast. This one though was labeled as Coors Light by an experienced vet/beer store worker. FYI...

7.5# American 2-Row or 6-Row
1# Flaked Corn
1# Rice Syrup Solids
0.75# 10L Crystal
0.5# Carapils
Mashed @ 150-151 for 70 minutes
Sparged/trickled out of mash tun @ 164 for 40 minutes; stopped collecting wort when 1.010 gravity was reached.

0.75oz Mt. Hood 6.1%AA 50 minute boil
0.5oz Mt. Hood 6.1%AA 15 minute boil

US-05 from a previous batch of brew; filled up fermenter to 6.5 gallons (topped off with some cool spring water from grocery); took off in only 4 hours @ 61 degrees!

My OG was 1.045 (74% efficiency). Predicted final gravity is 1.009. IBU is 16. 4.7%. 2 SRM. 0.38 IBU/OG

Back