Coopers wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe1988

Reaction score
OK does the coopers wheat beer come with real wheat yeast? I want the authentic taste and be able to add yeast to the beer. the way Germans do it. also do you need to age wheat beer?

joe1988 said:
OK does the coopers wheat beer come with real wheat yeast? I want the authentic taste and be able to add yeast to the beer. the way Germans do it. also do you need to age wheat beer?

Your are brewing a kit and the extract would be a wheat extract to brew a wheat beer, if it is called a German wheat which is really a Hefeweizen then it is what it is and yes you would be adding yeast just like the Germans did it but be sure you purchased a German Hefeweizen yeast or it won't be a German Hefeweizen.

What yeast did the kit come with?

joe1988 said:
isk it just said coopers and had a w on it

According to the products website it appears to be a German wheat recipe with very little information so its hard to say how authentic it will be. I know there are many people on this site that have brewed it, do a search for the kit and you'll get some reviews, I also saw a google search ha quite a few threads as well, good luck!

I've brewed it many times. The yeast with the kit is neutral so while it is cloudy, you don't get the banana or clove. It is a wheat beer (which I quite like) and not a hefe style. You'd have to get a different yeast to get a more to style german hefe.

Cheers!

so is it ok to pour the yeast in the glass? and would a wheat beer glass make it better or can i just put it in my mug

This is a Coopers tinned extract kit I modified by adding some hops and orange zest. I used a regular ale yeast. Would work well in any glass. I pour aggressively to the last drop, but don't swirl up the yeast.

Orange-Willamette Wheat.jpg

joe1988 said:
beautiful! BUT coopers claims it real wheat yeast in kit so ill try to put yeast in it

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to get at with putting yeast in the glass?

Are you talking about stirring up the sediment that's in the bottle and pouring it in, which in fact is the proper way to serve, or are you talking about taking the yeast from the kit and adding it in the glass?

Back