Cooper's Wheat Beer... Any simple additions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_sanch

Reaction score
Just picked up my first Cooper's Kit (Wheat Beer) after reading and hearing some good reviews. I was planning on brewing my very first 5 Gallon full batch this weekend and was wondering if anyone had some simple additions/modifications to the kit that would yield some nice results...

I'm already replacing the Dextrose required with some CBW Bavarian Wheat DME and was thinking of maybe going after a bit of a citrusy taste, maybe something with a little spice but all the while refreshing. It's gonna be my first summer brew after all.

Any input is much appreciated guys!

Hate to hijack my own thread but had another question come up...

In replacing the Dextrose with DME, I've read in some places that it's best to replace weight vs weight because most DME's are 100% fermentable as well. Others have suggested to add slightly more DME... I'm confused. If I end up adding a little too much DME than I would have by adding Dextrose I don't want to throw off the balance of the beer (adding hops at this point to offset the upset in balance isn't in the plans for my first brew)...

Can anyone clarify what's best in terms of calculating how much DME is needed to substitute for Dextrose?

Back