coopers stuck at 1015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis_W

Reaction score
Ok, I have another question my sample readings have been stuck around 1015 for over 24 hours now. The OG was 1036 and I thought I wanted to get it down around 1008. Is there anything I should do to get it back going or am I being to impatient? The top foam has started to go down...just a little left on top.

If I bottle it like this will the beer still turn out ok?

I am using a coopers lager kit. around 72 hours since I pitched yeast. I followed all the instructions to a "T".

Wait a LOT longer. 24 hours is not enough time between samples to get any idea of what is going on. If the krausen (top foam) is just starting to drop you are not done. Check it again in say 1 or 2 weeks and see where you are. It is possible to brew a beer in 5-7 days but not a lager. and even after the vigouros visable fermentation subsides there is still alot going on in there.

It's called a "lager" but from what I've read the kit comes with ale yeast.....for what its worth.

If the krausen hasn't fully dropped yet I doubt it is near done, waiting a little longer will help you with beer clarity as well, I'm sure there is plenty of stuff in there still in suspension.

I had the same issue with my "lager".. I believe the OG should have been 40.. mine was about 36, but after some discussion with folks.. it's probably because I didn't stir it well before pitching the yeast.

Regarding the current SG.. Mine stopped at 13 but I left it in the FV for a bit over 3 weeks till all the foam died short of a couple of pencil eraser sized islands. I bottled from there and left the bottles at room temp.. 66*F for another 3 weeks. I think yours will turn out fine if you don't get impatient.

Don't think of bottling before 3 weeks.. IMO.

Back