Coopers Mexican Cerveza - hops addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradingbull

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of SWMBO's favorites I brew is a simple Coopers Mexican Cerveza canned kit. I use a couple of pounds of LME and Safale S-04 ale type yeast. It makes a quick and decent beer, but I want to give it just a little more kick and would welcome any hops addition suggestions. Since we normally add a lime wedge with it I was thinking a hop with citrus flavors.
Anyone ever tried hops addition to this kit or have a suggestion for something to try the next brewing?

I just did the Coopers Mexican Cerveza. I used one Coopers can and 1kg of DME. I used the Coopers yeast.

The end product came out dark and very sweet. Tastes like a fizzy juice of some sort. Not apple juice but just something i can't put my fingers on.

I will do this kit again, but will use 500gr of DME and 500gr of Dextrose. I think this will lighten it up and hopefully not be as sweet.

Also concidering a different yeast since i've found that Coopers yeast seems to leave a fruity profile.

Back