Coopers kit replacement parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1852

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Coopers sells replacement parts for their Microbrew kit? I was making my 4th batch and went to tighted the cover and it cracked :mad:

I would step up to 5gal batches and buckets.

I am not sure I understand your statement. The Coopers fermentor is a fine fermentor able to ferment far more than 5 gallons of beer. I find my coopers fermentor to be far superior to my 6.5 gal bucket.

As to finding a separae lid... I haven't see any site that sells the lid separately. I couldn't even find a separate lid on ebay. Good luck rich.

I've not used them but I have look around their website. Email their customer service as I would imagine that they do have some sort of parts department.

They don't have spare parts listed for sale on their website, but they will definitely help you out with replacement parts if you e-mail them. I accidently ran the spigot from my Cooper's fermenter through the disposal and they were very quick to send me a replacement. They didn't charge me for the spigot, but it is a pretty small piece. You may have to pay for the lid, it's a bit bigger. :)

I've been very happy with the customer service at Cooper's.

Terje

I love my coopers fermenter. I tried to buy a second one from them. They don't sell parts. I would have to buy their whole brew kit. I find it will hold just over 7 gals. The large opening is the best part. I have several carboy's. I hate them.

Good luck finding a new one.

I looked that up and found a picture of it in their instruction manual ( http://www.coopers.com.au/media/files/1451.pdf ). This interested me because in my 18 days as a homebrewer ;-) one of the questions I have asked myself is "why do carboys have such small necks." I mean, talk about a rank n00b, what do I know, but it feels like a very impractical design.

I see an earlier thread that says Superior Beer is working on a better design:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/wanted-coopers-fermenter-88228/

Maybe try Craigslist or Freecycle?

Back