Cooler Manifold- Opinions Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMan1029

Reaction score
I just bought two rectangular coolers. See picture. It has a circular mash manifold. In talking with some people at my homebrew club meeting last night, they brought up a potential issue with channeling with the circular mash manifold. Suggested I make a PVC manifold. I would like to get feedback from others. Do I run the risk of having problems with channeling with a circular mash manifold?

Cooler.jpg

I think it looks like a winner of a system. I really like the sparge manifold. Are you planning on using a pump for your vorlauf?

Pump is on order. First batch is going to be a Hefeweizen. From my rudimentary understanding, vorlauf is done for clarity before sparging? Would it be wise for this particular style of beer? Total AG noob here.

Vorlauf would be wise for virtually any beer. The less chunky stuff going into the kettle, the better. I vorlauf probably 2-3 gallons worth before I start to collect my runnings.

Back