Cool Zone experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy418

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Cool Zone from www.inspiredbrewing.com?

I'm in a 1 br. Apt in a big city and temperature control and space are my biggest issues. This looks like it may be a good solution in that it is small and looks like it can be put away easily.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

They are still selling these? I have been trying to buy it online but I could not do it. I sent emails and called several times. No one replied.

Hello Erol,

We hope you are enjoying your Cool Zone Advanced Kit. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything we can do to assist.

I apologize for not being available to immediately answer your call.

Also, our current website address is: www.gotta-brew.com

Best Regards,
Steve

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407419021.197419.jpgI bought a $5 tub and fill 1/2 with water and add frozen water bottles as needed per temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have had several coolzone jackets and over time they start leaking. I have had 4 and all leaked after about 6 uses this is with using the pumps you order from them and just water. When they work they are excellent but I cant risk losing any more beer and cleaning up anymore messes.

are you talking about the cool jackets from www.gottabrew.com? I have one... it works well but not as good as the $10 length of blue discharge hose wrapped around my other two conicals which cools faster and was much cheaper. The coolzone jacket would have advantages in your environment though for one its easy to take off and put back on.

I use the larger carboy model for my stout conical... The smaller ones they came out with more recently are no where near as effective or cost effective... Just another way to spend more money since it takes three of them to be as effective as the original one is. its kind of odd because they are only big enough for a 1 gallon jug by themselves and its totally more economical to just use a fridge for that small of an amount so why make them that small? To use three or more on one fermenting vessel? I suppose if you had a huge diameter vessel but I even have the no longer available AHB chinese shorter 13 gallon conical they show pictured on their site and the original carboy jacket with a smaller extension would still be a much more effective solution.
keep in mind these are VERY similar in design to the manufacturing process of a solar shower bag and likely made by someone who makes them.....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009PUT20/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. Not sure why they cost so much based on that? maybe the low amount of sales due to price driving up manufacturing costs in limited runs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had several coolzone jackets and over time they start leaking. I have had 4 and all leaked after about 6 uses this is with using the pumps you order from them and just water. When they work they are excellent but I cant risk losing any more beer and cleaning up anymore messes.
interesting because Ive had mine for 3 years now and use a commercial chiller with a high power pump which pushes more pressure through them than its rated for and mines not leaked yet.... probably used it 15 times or so now... this is the first Ive heard of anyone having an issue and I googled the hell out of them when I bought mine.. to have 4 that all failed that quickly theres got to be some factor here thats being missed..

Mine were all bought over the last year or so. I use tap water in a cooler which is cooled through an aquarium chiller and use their pumps. You tell me.

Mine were all bought over the last year or so. I use tap water in a cooler which is cooled through an aquarium chiller and use their pumps. You tell me.

Could be a quality control issue perhaps the manufacturer changed something. As mentioned the reviews I read as well as my jacket are all from three years ago. Maybe they started making them cheaper even though the price went up? Which pump did you use? They sell aquarium pumps all the way up to chugger and march pumps I believe.

I have the submersible 250 pumps. Maybe I should have purchased the smaller pump

I have the submersible 250 pumps. Maybe I should have purchased the smaller pump

my beverage line chiller has a very powerful pump built in and thats what I use... if fact I use it still but now I have a manifold with 4 solenoid valves to turn of flow to any of the 4 fermenters so the flow is a bit more restricted than it used to be...
I have a winter warmer being chilled to 66 now using the cool zone jacket.

trying that blue discharge hose method this weekend. Looks like a good option and i only have $20 into it from lowes. Thanks for the help on that augiedoggy

when I tested the blue discharge setup with my empty conical the inside walls of my conical actually started to frost! If I did it all again I would have used it on all my conicals as is very fast and looks like it will hold up for a long time.

No doubt a "lay flat" discharge hose wrapped around the fermentor...

61fD%2BVxPIOL._SL1000_.jpg

Cheers!

exactly... I used a rubber stopper in each end with a small piece of herd tubing for a hose barb for my cooling lines but others have made plumbing reducers as well...
It doesnt look like it would work all that well but I can tell you it works very efficiently. and its very strong!

Found this older post and was thinking of trying the lay flat hose to cool my 1/4 barrel sankey keg fermenter. Anyone still using the lay flat and still happy with it? any new suggestions? I mainly brew ales.

Found this older post and was thinking of trying the lay flat hose to cool my 1/4 barrel sankey keg fermenter. Anyone still using the lay flat and still happy with it? any new suggestions? I mainly brew ales.
Me, I recently saw pics in another thread showing others are using it as well. sorry I dont remember which thread.

Back