Cool Brewing Bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex1

Reaction score
As a beginner I was not real sure how I was going to hold temps on my fermentation. I dont have the space or desire to buy or run another chest freezer just to make beer. The over all cost of a big appliance being plugged in 24/7 pushes the cost per case through the roof IMHO.

So I did a trial batch just keeping the carboy out at ambient temp. Temps ran a little too high to be just right (72). So I was in a bind and had no idea what to do. So I tried the swamp cooler method affective but a PITA big time. Than a buddy came across this cool brewing bag and suggested it to me.

To Make a Long story a little shorter wow best 65 bucks spent. I think any of you guys just starting this like me should buy this with your kits. My first batch with it I put two 2litters in and it actually inhibited fermentation (all the way down to 54 inside the carboy!)so I had to cut it to just one two litter. Temp holds close to sixty four with just one! I have no doubt at all that with a little tweeking I could lager in this thing. I dont give good reveiws on things if they suck but I could not be happier here. Just thought this reveiw could help a few other lowly greenhorns.

On a side not if anyone has lagered in the bag post up how you went about it.

(all the way down to 54 inside the carboy!)

who'lly cow!!!! Not to doubt you but thats better numbers than my 16 seer air conditioner.
The math is easy but long and boring. That's the best math I've ever seen for anything that was't forced cooling. These folks have discovered the finest insulation ever. It even increases energy.

Sorry, tongue in cheek comments there. There's not enough energy in 2 litres of frozen water to bring even the equivalent amount to 54 from pitching temp.
Is this possibly a sales pitch???

I have the cool brewing bag...and it works like a charm...just used it to ferment an ESB...one 2 liter water bottle changed twice a day kept the temp at 64 degrees for 10 days...did a diacetyl rest at 68 for 36 hours and it kept temps perfectly...no complaints about this product whatsoever

I don't see how swapping ice bottles in a bag is any less of a pain than swapping bottles in a swamp cooler.

Thinking about it it's probably more of a pain.

who'lly cow!!!! Not to doubt you but thats better numbers than my 16 seer air conditioner.
The math is easy but long and boring. That's the best math I've ever seen for anything that was't forced cooling. These folks have discovered the finest insulation ever. It even increases energy.

Sorry, tongue in cheek comments there. There's not enough energy in 2 litres of frozen water to bring even
the equivalent amount to 54 from pitching temp.
Is this possibly a sales pitch???

They dont give me one dime. Just relaying the temp that I recorded over a 24 hour period with TWO frozen 2 liter bottles. Very glad my reveiw was seen as an advertisment maybe a career change is in order? I hear a man can make a bundle in marketing. Anyone interested shoot me a job offer. Just thought a few noobs like me might appreciate a good reveiw before removing themselves from there hard earned dollars.

Personally I found it better than the swamp cooler because it holds temps much nicer. Plus I dont have a fan running all day and a tub sweating water all over my floor all day. Lol guys on internet fourms get there panties bundled up far too easily. I have nothing to gain by lying. Plus perhaps I didnt mention the ambient temp in my house runs bout 70-75. So not very hot at all to began with.

They dont give me one dime. Just relaying the temp that I recorded over a 24 hour period with TWO frozen 2 liter bottles. Very glad my reveiw was seen as an advertisment maybe a career change is in order? I hear a man can make a bundle in marketing. Anyone interested shoot me a job offer. Just thought a few noobs like me might appreciate a good reveiw before removing themselves from there hard earned dollars.

Personally I found it better than the swamp cooler because it holds temps much nicer. Plus I dont have a fan running all day and a tub sweating water all over my floor all day. Lol guys on internet fourms get there panties bundled up far too easily. I have nothing to gain by lying. Plus perhaps I didnt mention the ambient temp in my house runs bout 70-75. So not very hot at all to began with.

This^

My apartment is at 75 right now, but I have a pale ale fermenting my bag at 65 just by swapping frozen bottles out :) Love my bag.

Yeah, I wished I lived somewhere with a basement that holds mid to low 60s year round like a lot of these guys. But I live in FL, with the air going, my house stays in around 75 in the day and maybe 70 at night. This bag works perfect for my needs keeping me at low to mid 60s with one frozen 2 liter.

Back