cool alternative to a growler spear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
obsessed mini kegger here - lol

generally a growler spear is needed to carb and tap a minikeg/ ss growler. the ones with the narrow neck.
1704374903202.png

they are a pain to clean. you have to take down the posts and rinse etc.
i havent had issues but have heard the prvs can get stuck / loose. the cheap chinese ones on amazon are 29 dollars. and i have one with poor machine tolerances. the gas post wobble a little no matter how much i tighten it. doesnt leak tho. the better ones are 35 to 40 dollars or much more.

there are some other inferior options but i found this cool alternative which mimics an oxebar cap.
1704375172217.png

i dont know if they are new or not i have never seen them. but they seem like a great alternative to the spear. low profile. great price point and much more versatile with the replaceable carb caps and prv valve.

i just posted about it in the homebrew deals forum. its on sale and a great deal. you basically get the ss cap free cause the other parts are all included.
sorry for the double post.

🍻

Back