Converting a Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumpster

Reaction score
Changing over a newer (newer I mean newer than my old hotpoint fridge) Kenmore fridge. Model schematics are here:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...2/0160000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=1068676383

I want to put the taps to the right side of the unit, what would be your left when looking at the front of the fridge. I just wanted to ensure someone with a better mind than I can see if there are any coils or lines running through the side of the fridge before I drill. I plan to drill em just below the freezer/fridge separation. Thanks!

if you want to be sure take out the panels in the freezer compartment and you will be able to see how they run, or atleast the direction they are pointing to.

I'd recommend asking KCBrewer. His thread shows him taking a fridge apart and I believe he mentioned he was in the refrigeration game.

Based on the refrigeration schematic, it looks like the cooling coils are located the same as his. The only thing I'd check in person (or via pics) would be that the evaporator coils are located on the exterior of the back.

Good luck.

Back