Converted Eyewash Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Dog's Brewing

Reaction score
OK Guys in my last thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15289 I showed everyone what I found at work. It is spotless. I have removed the eyewash stuff and installed some valves and pressure taps

The green valve is to isolate gas in. Also the tee is for a pressure gauge at a later date. The green valve also releases any air left in the fermenter. I should be able to push in Nitrogen to push the trub and beer out of the black valve. The bottom of the fermenter is round not conical. I figure if I pressurize the fermented beer at the gas inlet (green valve) that I should be able to throttle down on the liquid discharge (black valve) to get just the trub blown off a few times, then I should be able to get clean beer to flow. The siphone tube inside the tank is like a 1/4" off the bottom directly in the center of the rounded bottom.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome and needed. The top tap over the green valve will also be able to be used for an airlock.

Thanks to everyone

fermentor 001small.jpg

fermentor 004small.jpg

fermentor 006small.jpg

fermentor 007small.jpg

fermentor 009small.jpg

Being a noob, I have no real technical info for you. But, I would suggest getting rid of the "Emergency Eye Wash" sign. :D

UPDATE::

Just pressure tested to 50PSI. it leaves less than a 1/16" of an inch of fluid in the bottom.

No leaks except on the valve stem (will be changed for N2)

I actually think its gonna work. If I can get all the trub sucked up off the bottom, then I am gonna leave it in here to secondary.

I can even hook my bottler to the outlet side (black valve) until I set up to keg.

Back