Convert to chest freezer. Please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicoharris

Reaction score
Hi,

I need a place to put all this food. Does anyone know how to convert this thing into a chest freezer? I’m sorry if this has been covered before—I looked for awhile and can’t find any threads with the pertinent info.

Thanks in advance for your help!
5D9CFE2C-CDCE-4EDA-AC8C-EB0D18E661A2.jpeg

You should be able to just remove the wood collar, and the temp controller and plug it straight into the wall. And bolt the lid back to the original mounting holes.

Seems like this thread would make a good sticky for others trying to build a chest freezer.

If this is your temporary solution to store food for the current crisis, simply remove the innards and disconnect your controller. You'll pay a couple bucks more a month in electricity, but when it's time to start brewing again it won't be such a hassle.

Finished my buildout! Here's a pic in case anyone gets inspired to build a similar freezer. Without the Ranco it gets super cold!

I'll try to post some photos from the buildout soon.

67515221_614.jpg

Back