Contamination?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney

Reaction score
Hi!

I'll begin with the fact that I have been struggling with a bacterial contamination. This was my fault, I neglectedsome carboys for >6 months and bad things grew.

Recently I bleached all my equipment for >24 hours then triple rinsed with water. A few days ago I brewed beer, surface sterilized equipment with potassium metabisulfate, pitched my yeast and things started fermenting fine. Fermentation temp has been 54-56F because the heating broke in my house. The beer in the demijohn is a lager with Saflager w34/70 and the beer in the carboy is a 20% wheat (unmalted) with Safbrew wb-06 Now it looks to me as though they are contaminated, although they are still fermenting vigorously. I was about to brew today but now I'm thinking I might need to attack my equipment instead. What's your opinion HBT?

Here are pictures of the krausen a couple days ago:

Here are pictures of the beer today:

Love to help, but I cant see any of those pictures. Your thread title also is lacking the paperclip sign that usually indicates pictures are included so maybe you did something wrong with attaching them?

Back