Contactors

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

cdwiggi

Reaction score
Hello all I have been looking at the following threads and have not been able to get a response to this question....

I have been told that I need this Auber 2 pole 120 volt coil 30 A contactor and I would like to use a Din Rail moutable version like so Dayton 2 pole 120 volt coil 30 A contactor I guess the question is this are these the same type of contactor with differing mounting types? Also for educational purposes how do I know that one is a 240Volt or a 120Volt contactor or is that assumed with the spec of 30A, 120-600VAC(Auber contactor) also this is not stated on the grainger product unless I am just not seeing it.

Thanks in advance and I hope to have pics soon of my build.

Caleb

Junkster

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Grainger unit will go to 600VAC but they're both spec'd at 30A. I would say since the Grainger unit has a HP rating at 240V and 120V for its contacts, that you should have not problems at 240VAC which, I assume, is what you require.

rosier9

Reaction score
Technically I guess the grainger model is a relay and the auber one is a contactor... you can google the nitty gritty difference, but they both work.

OP
cdwiggi

cdwiggi

Reaction score
I can't believe that I missed this the entire purpose of the contactor is to allow a mechanical disconnect between the SSR and the elements... Does anyone know of a contactor that would be the same as the Auber one but be Din mountable?

rosier9

Reaction score
The Fuji ones from automationdirect are din mountable and similar to the auber ones. I own both and I like the Fuji ones more...

OP
cdwiggi

cdwiggi

Reaction score
The Fuji ones from automationdirect are din mountable and similar to the auber ones. I own both and I like the Fuji ones more...
Did you use the 32 amp or one completely different for your situation?

CD

stevehaun

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the spec sheet closely - the 25 amp fuji contactor is rated at 32 amps for a resistive load, e.g., a heating element. Only saves ya $7 but it all adds up.