consensus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewvall

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm brewing a secret recipe as of right now, I'll tell you the overall flavor and maybe you can help out. the beer is a honeysuckle raspberry ginger saison. I'm ready to add my raspberries as the secondary is about 2 days away now, but I only want a slight flavor of raspberries. I don't want your pallet to be overwhelmed, since I only made 4 gallons and raspberries are such a aggressive flavor I think 2 lbs of berry should do the trick. what do you all think?

I made a raspberry amber once with 6 lbs of puree and it was noticeably flavored. It was a not overwhelming, but 1 lb and up per gallon seems to impact flavor notably. 2 lbs would be pretty subtle I would think

I just did a raspberry Hefe with 2 lbs of frozen raspberries for a 5 gallons. The flavor was noticeable but not overpowering. IMO, for 4 gallons, 1.5 lbs should get you the slight flavor you're looking for.

I want to know why is it a "secret" recipe? Are you afraid Sam Adams is going to steal it?:p

2 lbs should be just about right.....

Back