Connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazerdyn

Reaction score
I am just starting out with hoses, is it worth it to buy quick connect connectors, or do the regular ones that are a lot cheaper work just as well?

Quick-connects, Quick Disconnects and Camlocks all have thier own pros and cons, but if you have to change out your hoses, using any one of them is preferable to just hose clamps on barbs. I'm in the camlock camp myself.. the only annoyance there is matching gasket sizes when using parts from different suppliers to get the right tension in connecting, but even the very tight and too loose connections have never leaked on me. If you go with Quick-disconnects, do not try and save money by getting them at a hardware store. those ones usually don't interconnect as well and some of them have very restricted flow. If going Quick Connecters, watch out for the cheap ones with the grip-rings spin on the fitting, failing to tighten completely. (The Blichmann ones have performed well for me with the small few I have.

For which hoses? You talking about on kegs in a kegerator or a hose you use to rack beer to your FV or to connect to your wort chiller?

Back