Connecting two Gas Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankCazabon

Reaction score
I need to connect two gas lines with ball lock quick disconnects on the ends. Is there some sort of jumper post that I can use?

I've found this: https://www.northernbrewer.com/products/carbonation-cap-stainless-steel?variant=38514791219381
But I'd need two of them and then a piece of hose to attach the two together.

I was thinking more along the lines of this: https://www.morebeer.com/search?search=ball+lock+jumper+post
But this says it's for liquid (although I guess I could temporarily swap the gas disconnects with liquid ones when I need to).

A pair of the first one you linked to, (or the plastic ones: https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/carbonatorredduotightstem.htm with a 6.35>6.35mm [1/4"] coupler) would be fine as they are 'universal' and will accept either gas or liquid disconnects.
I have the second one you linked to and it's made for liquid disconnects only and while you can jam gas disconnects on it, it's really tight and can deform liquid disconnects.
:mug:

Why reinvent the wheel? @Bobby_M already has a gas jumper :)

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ball_lock_jumperpost.htm

1715609740678.png

If one is wondering why two bores, the QD plungers need something solid to push against...

Cheers!

The one @day_trippr linked to is better; I'm biased and prefer solid Stainless Steel without a wonky connection. I'm gonna page @Bobby_M : One of my Holy Grails is a SS Universal coupler... I know you make or have made to your specs, machined parts such as your Spin Cycles.. Is a Universal Coupler the sort of thing that would be worth adding to your product line? Here's why I want one: I always clean/sanitize/purge/pressurize my transfer lines, liquid and gas. I use the SS gas coupler with CO2 on one side, and a liquid disconnect jammed on the other side.. I have to keep a pair of channel-locks handy to pull it apart while I lose CO2. I know I could just put a 1/4" Duotight coupler between a pair of carb caps, but I'd just prefer something more solid. Would it be worth it to you?

Attachments

• 1715693342189.png
    1715693342189.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just connect two carbonation caps together with tubing

This is super handy. I use it for purging transfer lines and my spunding valves of O2 before hooking up to my fermenter / kegsView attachment 848589
Any idea how much pressure that can take without hose-clamps? I've never tried that outside of a vessel... I sometimes pressurize up to 28psi depending on temperature.

I’m sure that there are several reasons for needing this setup, but purging my transfer lines has not been one of them.
I have a receiving keg that was purged with fermentation gas. Last batch, I did a little pressure fermentation at the end and so even ended up with a little pressure in the receiving keg.

First , I connect my co2 tank to the gas post. After filling my liquid-liquid line with starsan, I connect it to the receiving keg liquid post and depress the free end plunger in the expel the starsan with co2 from the keg.

I basically do the same for the gas-gas line, but have to add a little extra pressure to the receiving keg, disconnect the tank, then connect the line and purge.
If there is any residual pressure left in the keg at this point, I use it to put a little pressure on the fermenter to initiate the siphon for a gravity transfer, (no spigot).
If purging my lines were the only reason I would use this, I’d rather not have something else to keep up with and clean; small items have a way of eluding me when I need them. 🫤

Any idea how much pressure that can take without hose-clamps? I've never tried that outside of a vessel... I sometimes pressurize up to 28psi depending on temperature.

I've gone as high as 30 PSI without issues

However, I have never tested leaving connected for extended periods of time

The general application I've used them for is for purging lines and spunding valves.

I did use them once with that same tubing to create a ball lock adapter on a Sankey keg and no liquid leaks serving a saison at around 20 PSI for the duration of serving that day.

You want the 4mm ID eva barrier

Btw, I own the brewhardware adapter too, but I prefer these for the applications I stated as they are much easier to grip and connect/disconnect more easily

Nothing against brewhardware, but maybe you can get them easier from Amazon.
Just like a lot of folks those jumpers are used for cleaning beer lines.

https://www.amazon.com/homebrew-Sta...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482467556966&psc=1
Yeah, who cares right? In fact, it is against Brewhardware.com, a family owned small business that invented the part. The seller on amazon is a Chinese owned company that copied the product and knows nothing about brewing and doesn't want to. Of course people are free to send their money where they want to but it's important to me that they know where it's going and where it's not going. I guess the good news is that once the Aliexpresses and Amazons of the world finally put the small businesses out, there won't be anyone left to innovate the parts to steal.

Back