Connecting 2 CO2 distributors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave46382

Reaction score
How do I connect this:

0101770.jpg

with or to this:

0101769.jpg

Or should I just by this:

d_4030.jpg

It depends. I assume you want to have all 5 ports at the same pressure, correct? If so, you can plug your primary regulator into the first distribution block with a swivel nut. Then, remove the plug on the opposite end, and find a threaded fitting for it that has a 1/4" threaded connection on the outside (one that is identical to the incoming piece). Then, get a short jumper hose that has clamps and such with 1/4" swivel nuts on both ends. Plug that into the new fitting on the left of one of the draft blocks and onto the incoming CO2 fitting on the next draft block.

When it's done, it looks almost just like the example you have on the bottom, but not as nice. Mine is like this, but instead I've got two regulators with one inbetween the two blocks...one for carbing and another for serving.

I am not next to my draft blocks, but if I recall correctly, they aren't left hand threaded between the two. I could definitely be wrong though. If yours is left hand thread between each block, this would work.

Most low-pressure connections are right-handed. All it will take is removing the plug from one and the flare fitting from the other and inserting a brass nipple.

Guess I didn't realize the one I linked to was a left hand thread. Thanks for pointing that out. Probably will save me some headache in the future if I need to look for a brass nipple someday. :)

If you already own the manifolds, you have several options. Buy a brass "Close nipple" Something like this. (I'm not sure that's the right size, I just used 1/8" as an example)
Or you can replace the cap on one of them with another MFL-NPT nipple, and use a piece of hose.
Or you can spend the cash on a dual regulator, and run 2 pressures.

If you don't already own the manifolds, I'd just get one that has the number of ports you're looking for. $40.00 for a 5 port at CHI Company

Back