connecting 2 air distributors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor310

Reaction score
So I currently have a 4 tap system with an air distributor for 4 kegs. I'm really starting to enjoy home brewing though so I'm thinking I would like to get 4 additional kegs to hook up as back ups in a set and forget force carb system. Would it be okay to take one of the outs on the air distributor and hook another 4 out air distributor to it? This would effectively give me 7 kegs that I could be force carbing at once. It would feel like a waste to just get an 8 keg air distributor when I already have a working 4 out.

Or would it be okay to just hit the keg with 30 psi, shake it around and let it sit until its ready for consumption?

Yes you can just hook up another manifold. Some have an fitting in the end just for that.

And no, you can't just give it 30 psi and forget about it. It's gonna need constant pressure (10-30 psi) over time (1-10 days?) depending on temp.

Once it is carbed it will hold whatever pressure it has, but one charge of 30 psi won't get you there.

Personally I added another regulator when I added another manifold, that way one manifold can be high for quicker carbing and the other for serving. Also you can keep your wheats at 2.8 vols and bitters at 2 vols if you like. I just shut off the line to the fully carbed kegs and give them a little blast when I'm done for the day.

My 4 way has a plug on each end so I would assume I could simply buy another 4 way and have the ability for 8 total. I currently run 5 off of 4 (one is T'd off to support 2 kegs). That would be a lot easier and cheaper.

Keezer.jpg

Back