Connect corny to odd coupler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonacel

Reaction score
Note: I had this posted as connect corny to garden hose fitting, but it was misleading as what I have is not a garden hose fitting...

Warning - I'm a complete newb to kegging....

I got a kegerator off of Craigslist. There is a piece of copper tubing with what appears to be a small brass garden hose fitting in the main fridge space. It's smaller than a garden hose connection it seems and it has a small hole. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but i can't seem to find anything like this online. Is this normal? Either way, I have a corny keg with quick disconnects, beer line, and picnic faucets. I'm looking to take out the picnic faucet and attach the line somehow to the garden hose fitting which runs up into the faucet. Ideally I'd like to be able to do this with some sort of quick disconnect fitting as well for ease of changing out.

Does a hex nut somehow attach to this?

Any ideas? :confused:

looks like a beer nut would attach to it....and you'd need the nipple....same thing you'd find at the end of a shank.. Anyone else think they'd fit?

That's what I'm thinking. Basically beer nut or wing nut, washer, and nipple so I could connect the beer line right?

yuppers....that's what i was thinking anyways....then just take your picnic tap off, slide line over nipple...then attach with the beer nut and washer and you " should " be good to go if all goes well and its the same thread.

Excellent - thanks. Assuming that's the case, do you need to throw on a worm clamp over the hose to nipple connection or is it typically fine with 3/16 ID hose over a 1/4 barbed nipple by itself?

Worst case, use a tubing cutter and remove the treaded head off the copper tubing and then just push your vinyl tubing over the copper tubing and hold in place with a clamp.

Latest posts

Back