concord stock pot damaged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Holmes

Reaction score
i just recieved my concord 40qt stock pot from overstockcookware on ebay. was so excited then looked it over and noticed a crack on the inside seam and pinholes on the outside seam. not good in my opinion (as a welder myself).i sent off an email requesting an exchange with a new pot. i'll let you know how it turns out. uploaded a photo of the crack dosnt look like much but i can catch my fingernail on it. right to get exchanged or no problem?

photo 2.jpg

Probably would be fine since you're boiling the wort in it anyway. However, they well likely exchange no problem. I bought a triclad bottom 80 qt one, they had a sale, it ended, I sucked it up and bought it at the higher price...and then they dropped the price again right after i ordered it, they refunded me the difference when I asked why the price bounced around.

Probably would be fine since you're boiling the wort in it anyway. However, they well likely exchange no problem. I bought a triclad bottom 80 qt one, they had a sale, it ended, I sucked it up and bought it at the higher price...and then they dropped the price again right after i ordered it, they refunded me the difference when I asked why the price bounced around.

yea i understand that im boiling wort in it but as a welder myself if i had turned that in to qc they would laugh in my face and tell me to try again, especially since its supposed to be food grade.(and) my wife kinda flipped when she saw it and realised i paid more for that pot than most of the ones she cooks with.

i got a reply to my email and they are willing to exchange so mailed it back this afternoon. will let you know when i get the new one.

yea i understand that im boiling wort in it but as a welder myself if i had turned that in to qc they would laugh in my face and tell me to try again, especially since its supposed to be food grade.(and) my wife kinda flipped when she saw it and realised i paid more for that pot than most of the ones she cooks with.

i got a reply to my email and they are willing to exchange so mailed it back this afternoon. will let you know when i get the new one.

With a name like overstockcookware I would be wary of them selling seconds - and that's what it looks like. But if they didn't mention anything about it being sold as such I think you are right to expect a "normal" pot. Are they covering shipping?

With a name like overstockcookware I would be wary of them selling seconds - and that's what it looks like. But if they didn't mention anything about it being sold as such I think you are right to expect a "normal" pot. Are they covering shipping?

yes they are paying shipping. and the add said new undamaged in the description

i got my replacement pot today. its really nice 1mm thick 40 qt stainless. i gotta say they definately made the order right with the return

Back