• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana Complete e-BIAB system, with 15G Blichmann Port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy0498

Reaction score
15G Blichmann e-BIAB System. It has only been used about 6-8 times. I’ve had good results, but I’m looking to go bigger. $750 shipped. $700 for local pickup.

- 15 Gallon Electric Brew Pot - A few surface scratches on the outside, but no dents. I followed the guidelines from the the KAL instructions with 2 exceptions. I used an aluminum locknut to act as an anode and keep the element from rusting. I also used a dryer cord instead of the twist lock plug.
- Bayou Classic Stainless steel basket support the mash and keep it off of the element.
- High quality voile bag with cylindrical bottom, handles, and velcro strap. It has only been used once.
- Control Panel - Auber PID, with separate power switches for the PID and Element. It has a 4 prong 50 amp range cord that is fused down to 30 amps inside the panel. This could easily be swapped out for a 30 amp cord. I just already had a 50-amp GFCI breaker in my panel.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Local Pickup in Brownsburg, IN or buy pays actual shipping.

Pot 1.jpg

Pot 2.jpg

Panel 1.jpg

How easy is it to use? If boughten can we be given instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How easy is it to use? If boughten can we be given instructions?

Very easy. That is the best thing about BIAB. I nail my strike temps, use the element at about 2% (manual mode) power off-and-on during the last 30 minutes of the mash to maintain the mash temp. Boiling at 70% in manual mode give a consistent boil off rate. It is easy to clean up after as well.

If someone is close enough, I would be happy to do a test batch with you. I can also share my beersmith equipment profile, so you can accurately estimate volumes, temps, and boil off.

If wishing made it so. Exactly what I want, fairly priced, and nearby. Sadly... Broke as a joke at the moment. I knew I would regret trading and gifting habit some day.

Could something like this be used as maybe a starter piece for a full 3 pot electric brewery setup?

Could something like this be used as maybe a starter piece for a full 3 pot electric brewery setup?

Potentially. Most 3 vessel systems have multiple PIDs that can be used to control 2 elements at one time, and we'll as power/switches for pumps. You could use something else to run the pumps, and you really only NEED to heat one vessel at a time. The ability to do both shaves time off because you can start heating to a boil while you are still sparging.

It would be doable. It just wouldn't be as automated.

Latest posts

Back