• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Complete/Custom Blichmann Home Brewing System (30 Gallon) w/Conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sold 2016-07-16

Parts List and Photos

Hi-res Images

This system includes everything, Brewing, Fermenting, Cold Storage, Kegs, CO2, Oxygen, Mill, RO system, see the whole list at the link above. I wish I could keep it, but I'm moving and can't take it with me. A Lot of blood sweat and $$$ went into this system to dial it in just right, really it's the best of the best components. It's in excellent condition, 3 years old. All clean in place, very little effort on clean-up. This is a package deal, I'd really prefer not to part this out. Buyer needs to arrange for pickup, a u-haul should get the job done.

Located in Salinas, CA (Central Coast)

If the buyer wants, I'll help setup and show them how to brew on it...assuming you're reasonably close by.

Included:

- 30 gallon Blichman 3 Tier System, Burners, Auto Sparge Etc.: $2,200
- Custom Stand, Full Stainless quick release fittings, march pumps, hopblocker.: $1,000
- Counterflow Chiller w/50ft Stainles Pre-chiller, Inline Thermometer: $300
- Extra large hop spider.: $100
- All Clean in Place, Spent Grain Vaccum & Cart included: $100
- Large Propane Tank: $100
- Brewers Hardware Tri-clover RIMS Tube w/Stainless Element: $200
- In-line Oxy: $100
- 3-Roller Monster Mill, Motorized: $400
- 2 - 27 Gallon Blichman Fermentors: $1,500
- Clean-in-place System for Fermentors: $60
- 2 - 4' x 4' x 6' Dual Temp Fermentation Chambers: $800
- 8 Keg/Port Carbonation Fridge 20# Co2 Tank: $500
- 20+ Ball Lock Kegs: $1,000
- Kegging filter w/20+ extra filters.: $100
- 1/4 hp keg cleaner: $80
- Dual 5 Liter Starter and stir plates, and Erlenmeyer CIP System: $150
- 60 Gallon, Industrial R/O system with variable auto start/stop pump.: $500
- Spare Parts, Fittings Hoses, Seals, Tools, Hops, PBW Etc.: $300

Total: $9,490

Package Deal: $6000

PM me if interested

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

Last edited:
For 6k thats the best deal I have seen on homebrew stuff...ever. I really wish I was closer.

This system is currently in Salinas, California...Central California on the West Coast. I would imagine that there's some practical limit on how far this system could travel, but I'll do a little legwork to see how much this would cost to transport.

This system is currently in Salinas, California...Central California on the West Coast. I would imagine that there's some practical limit on how far this system could travel, but I'll do a little legwork to see how much this would cost to transport.

A 15' Uhaul should do it...$167 w/50 miles. .40 for each additional mile.

Budget Rent-a-truck boasts $89 w/72 miles. .70 for each additional mile.

I'm located in San Jose and would like to learn more about your system. I am looking for a whole system so it may be a good fit. I can pick up with my trailer.

I'm located in San Jose and would like to learn more about your system. I am looking for a whole system so it may be a good fit. I can pick up with my trailer.

San Jose, we’re practically neighbors! I’m moving to Morgan Hill so I’d totally be down to help with the setup.

More about the system...

This is a “whole” system, proven and battle tested. There, literally won’t be anything else you’ll need to buy to get rolling (except for ingredients and a propane refill that is). It all runs on 110 volt, so you won’t have to maneuver anything to find a 220 outlet. All ½” stainless quick connect fittings and clear silicon tubing.

Efficiency is very reliably 78%. I would typically do a double batch every 3-4 weeks producing 40 gallons (don’t tell the ABC). A double batch brew day is typically 7ish hours. I have done several half batches (ten gallon) no problem, in fact they are very quick, under 5 hours.

Ferment boxes are set to brew ales…the 2 stage temp controls keep temp very accurately at 60+ and also do a cold crash down to 5O. The boxes themselves are 2x4 and ¾ plywood glued and nailed together. These things are tough and rigid. 4’x4’x6’ Nice storage room on top. They were designed to accommodate the blichman extension to the fermenter. So you could double your ferment capacity if you want.

Kegging, I use a 5 mil Polly spun canister filter. If you cold crash properly you can easily fill 8 kegs with one filter.

Cold storage accommodates 8 Kegs, with carb hoses. Has a Johnson control keeping everything at 35 deg. I think at last count I had 21 kegs…all in good repair.

Also, I hate cleanup so I’ve literally set everything up to be clean in place. Absolutely no scrubbing, pots, fermenters…nothing. I vacuum out the spent grain and boil trub. Recirc PBW with CIP balls takes care of the rest. There is no miserable cleanup session after you’re beat. It’s not uncommon to finish a brew day without spilling a drop. No joke!

That’s all I can think of for now, let me know if you have specific questions. Thanks!

After studying your pictures, I doubt I'll find anything better at this price. I need to make a decision soon so I'll make some phone calls and let you know asap. Are you available weekdays or weekends if we are going to meet up to do the deal?

After studying your pictures, I doubt I'll find anything better at this price. I need to make a decision soon so I'll make some phone calls and let you know asap. Are you available weekdays or weekends if we are going to meet up to do the deal?

Definitively, I'll PM you my contact info.

This is the most beautiful home set up I have seen. It is clear to see the labor of love that went into it. If this were December, for financial issues, I would buy this. But I can't do it now. If God forbid, this is still for sale then, I will tender you an offer and drive to California and pick it up. After Breaking Bad, how many times did you have to assure your neighbors that you only made beer? Hahaha!

This is the most beautiful home set up I have seen. It is clear to see the labor of love that went into it. If this were December, for financial issues, I would buy this. But I can't do it now. If God forbid, this is still for sale then, I will tender you an offer and drive to California and pick it up. After Breaking Bad, how many times did you have to assure your neighbors that you only made beer? Hahaha!

Thanks! Hate to part with it. Funny you mention breaking bad...my landlord and two neighbors had very concerned and specific questions about the operation. Nothing a little home brew and good will couldn't fix.

Back