Competitions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edie

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how to word this but wondering how many have entered a brew in "sanctioned" event? Not talking about a club, everyone brew a poorer and see who's best, but an actual event. Not to belittle a friendly challenge. Just curious, I have not.

Many of us have, I think. I think we had nearly 500 entries in the competition just on this forum for the HBT competition.

I've stopped entering most of them, but I found them invaluable as a relatively new brewer due to the feedback on the competition scoresheets.

Entering my first next weekend for feedback.

The half price discount ticket for the accompanying brewfest helps too.

Normal tickets are $40, tickets with competition entry are $15, and 1 entry to the comp costs $5.

remilard said:
I have entered around 12. 1 BOS, 2 second place BOS and 2 third place BOS. Not too shabby.

Shabby ? Don't think so. Congrats!

msh227 said:
Is that $40 competition at the PA Ren Faire by chance? Mount hope brewery?

Certainly is. 30 or so breweries are going to be on hand dispensing free precious nectar, so long as you hold the $40 magic glass from Valhalla.

Competition entry deadline is this saturday , I think. The info is on the website, just google mt hope brewfest.

Back