Columbus, oh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCBrewster

Reaction score
Alright y'all I'm in Columbus, OH for the week on business. From MI now live in SC. Any brews I should pick up while I'm here?

SCBrewster said:
Alright y'all I'm in Columbus, OH for the week on business. From MI now live in SC. Any brews I should pick up while I'm here?

I was their last year on business! Don't remember where I stayed. Columbus brewing had some good beers served at most restaurants and bars. I found this Irish pub that was awesome. Also I found out about a bar that only sold craft beers, but you usually had to wait to get in, didn't make it to that place. You might google some places. Hopefully a local will help you out. Cheers!

Nothing too remarkable to be found in columbus in my opinion.

Great Lakes, troeg's, bells are all available here but they're regional not local.

Nugget nectar is everywhere right now.

The biggest local is columbus brewing company which I find to be very pedestrian.

The elevator is a brewpub downtown that started bottling a few years back. I think they're the best of the locals.

Neal house is pretty new and I haven't tried them yet.

There's another new micro in grandview whose name escapes me and I haven't seen bottled anywhere.

There's a Gordon biersch just north of downtown.

There's a great restaurant called Schmidt's sausage house south of downtown. They get my highest praise of anyone on this list.

The biggest brewpub is called barleys. They have two locations with mediocre food. Some of the beer is fantastic and some is not.

There's a huge bud brewery north of town which is imposing but I doubt they'd let you in.

The highest recommendation I have is to go to jeni's ice cream.

Betty's and dirty franks are great restaurants with good beer lists.

The old bag of nails is a chain of pubs with great pub grub and good beer lists.

Those are the other things that come to mind.

I love in Columbus. Anyone that comes here I always recommend Barleys Smokehouse off Dublin road. They brew their own beer( try the sampler if you go there). They also have the best wings I have ever tastes in my life and I go out of my way to get good wings. Their brisket sandwich is awesome and if you go there on a Saturday after 4 pm they have a fresh made brisket that is the best I have ever tasted.

Schmidt's sausage house is like 100 years old,they make their own fresh sausages,& have beer to go with. It's been on Man vs Food as well. Nice lookin place.

Back