Ohio Columbus Area - Bulk Grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeftankin

Reaction score
I am finally stepping up my game and got a Cereal Grain mill for xmas. I want to get some bulk grain to drop the cost of my brews. mostly IPA's but i do mix it up. Where do the Columbus area people get bulk grain? I looked at Buckeye Brew Craft but i can order a 50lb bag of 2Row from AIH for less than driving to Buckeye.

Thanks

I'm not sure where in Columbus or surrounding area you are, but I'd suggest looking at Gentile's Wine Sellers in the Grandview/Upper Arlington area. They've been my LHBS for 20+ years and have a great staff. I usually buy in 10 lb. increments, but the last time I asked about a 50 lb. bag of 2-row I think they quoted me for $38. They're supplied by LD Carlson if you want to check out what grains/brands are offered.

I'll have to check them out ( or at least call ) you're the second person to recommend them. They are a bit of a drive but so is Buckeye Brew craft.

Make it an adventure...

If you do end up going to Gentile's, then Zauber Brewing is about a mile away and has some pretty tasty beer. Four String is nearby, but I haven't been as impressed with their offerings though.

Any update on getting grain?

I've also just picked up a cereal killer, and I'm looking around town and online for some decent bulk prices. Last time I was at Gentile's I got quoted something in $50-ish dollar range for their 2-row, and somewhere around $70-ish for a sack of their Marris Otter.

It's looking like I might be able to order some places online for cheaper (including shipping) than buying locally.

A friend of mine heads up to MI for work every so often. I had him pick me up a couple 50lb bags on his last trip from AIH.

i just order my stuff online from amazon (you can catch crazy deals if you add it to your cart and watch it) , morebeer or midwest and northern brewer.

i havent been able to find any place reliable in columbus, but when i head to pittsburgh there are several

Back