South Carolina Columbia Area - Where to get full sacks of grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertHSmith

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This COVID-19 time at home had me cleaning in the garage next to my old 18cuFt kegerator fridge. My wife has also been asking when I'm going to start brewing again too.

I haven't brewed in maybe 5 yrs now, but was in St Louis, MO and there was a strong homebrewing community there and there were monthly group buys and many pallets were unloaded and distributed. Are there there group buys with the community here in Columbia SC?

A guy at work, back in STL, said Northern Brewer ships grain for free now if you spend enough. I'd like to spend that money local if I can.

Thanks!
Robert

I haven't checked in here for a bit. You have a couple of options. There is Bet-Mar on St Andrews Rd and DIY Brewhouse on Two Notch Rd in Elgin. DIY is run by a beer club member and past president. They both may be closed tomorrow afternoon due to the governor's order so call to make sure they have what you want.

Unfortunately DIY Brew house has closed permanently... 🥺😟😕

BetMar is still open but they don't carry the 55# sacks of grain😑😳🤔

Back