College Football Upset-o-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrianP said:
Who will win the Big Ten - that is the question.

Nah. You're only asking cuz you're in Ann Arbor. (JK, I'm rooting for Mich!)

The real question here is who WON'T win the Big 12, and the answer is EVERYONE except Kansas.

Kansas wins this week no-brainer against Iowa State, then they win next week against a #2 ranked Missouri team, THEN they win the Big 12 Championship against a then-#2 Oklahoma. (Edit: Oops, didn't see that coming. OK, not Oklahoma then.) Then, for gravy, they beat... uh... let's see, that takes down to #7 or so? So.... West Virginia!

Weird, though, that a Husker roots for Kansas. It's cuz us red fans don't have much to live for this year. :p

Edit: Did anyone see it when Dixon crumpled? I was watching that game 'cause I thought Ducks were going all the way. Then all of a sudden, I look up, Dixon receives the snap, steps, steps, and then ..... KERBLAM TWISTY AGONY PAIN! It was great and terrible at the same time - great because I knew that was Arizona's golden ticket to yet another #2 upset, and terrible because I kinda like that Dixon kid.

Lloyd is the John Cooper of Michigan. At least he won't go 2-10-1 like Cooper did. Word is he's retiring Monday. It's a good rivalry nonetheless and OSU has been better as of late. Credit where credit's do.

Wreck 'Em Tech!

TTU 34...OU 27! The game really wasn't as close as the score shows...they made a late charge to score a couple....OU played VERY poorly!

INeedANewHobby said:
OU played VERY poorly!

Agreed! I was almost ashamed to watch that game!

Coming this weekend, though, Tex vs A&M!!! Ride 'em Longhorns!!!

Another #1 bites the dust. And maybe #2 tomorrow? What a strange year. Hopefully this helps bring about a playoff format for Div 1.

That was a pretty awesome game yesterday, LSU loses. Maybe Kansas today, but to be honest I would like to see Kansas win since everyone has been dogging them all year, almost like they're the underdog instead of Mizzou even though they're 11-0. I mean why was Kansas not #1 instead of LSU? 11-0 vs 10-1, just because they're in the SEC? IMO Big12>SEC. From the games I've watched SEC doesn't know how to play defense, but I've only watch a few this season. It just reminded me of ACC basketball, damn can they score points, but it's because they play no damned defense!

What's really amazing is that Ohio State blew it against Illinios and they now have a chance to still be in the national title game provided that the right teams lose.

WVU has to lose, and the winner of tonight's Mizzou KU game has to lose to OU.

I don't think that's possible anymore. There's almost no chance that Pitt upsets WVU next week.

In order for there to be a team with 2 losses in the national championship, Missouri would have to win tonight (which they are 14-0 as I type this) then lose to OU in the Big 12 championship game AND WVU would have to lose to Pitt.

Even if both of those things happen, Kansas would still only have 1 loss and they might move back up to play Ohio state in the above scenario.

Almost halfway through the MU/KU game it looks like the BCS rankings tomorrow will be 1. WVU 2. Missouri 3. Ohio State 4. Georgia 5. Kansas 6. Va Tech 7. LSU 8. Oklahoma 9. USC 10. Florida (should be Boston College here... it's just not right for a 3 loss team to be in the top 10).

I disagree, ohiobrewtus, other way around - 1 Missouri, 2 West VA, etc etc

I feel bad for the Jayhawks, but I feel GRRRRREAT for the Tigers!

beeraggie said:
GIG EM AGGIES WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ban:

Hehehe... OK, I was secretly hoping A&M would win too... In fact, I picked them to win on my FB Picks (bunch of friends have a pool going, no prizes, just bragging rights).....

Consider my cheer for the Longhorns an insurance policy against Franchione. Now that he's gone, I can be an Aggies fan again, with no fear!

I really, really hated D. Fran. .... but I hated Callahan more! WOO NEBRASKA NEW COACHING STAFF! :D

what a strange year

#2 goes down (again), #1 on the ropes.

Bring on the playoffs. Div IAA, D2, and D3 all have them. Every other NCAA sport has them. BCS blows.

WTF did I just miss? I had a godawful migraine and went to bed *far* too early last night.

So it's theoretically Ohio State vs somebody, possibly LSU, or maybe Oklahoma if last night's campaigning from Stoops went well... or possibly.... West Va?

This has by far been the weirdest, most f*ck*d up season of football I have ever, EVER seen.

chriso said:
WTF did I just miss? I had a godawful migraine and went to bed *far* too early last night.

So it's theoretically Ohio State vs somebody, possibly LSU, or maybe Oklahoma if last night's campaigning from Stoops went well... or possibly.... West Va?

This has by far been the weirdest, most f*ck*d up season of football I have ever, EVER seen.

Yeah, I think it'll prolly be OSU and LSU. LSU will wipe them out, too.

Lots of potential blowout matchups in bowl games, if you ask me. We'll see most of the pairings this afternoon, I'd guess.

Dude said:
Yeah, I think it'll prolly be OSU and LSU. LSU will wipe them out, too.

Lots of potential blowout matchups in bowl games, if you ask me. We'll see most of the pairings this afternoon, I'd guess.

I agree.

LSU has been playing hurt, OSU hasn't been playing...

Georgia and Hawaii? Yikes.

Hokies Hokies Hokies HOKIES! Screw LSU. VT-OSU. A long shot, I know, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...you never know what those computers are gonna spit out. I guess we'll know in about an hour and a half or so.

Evan! said:
Hokies Hokies Hokies HOKIES! Screw LSU. VT-OSU. A long shot, I know, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...you never know what those computers are gonna spit out. I guess we'll know in about an hour and a half or so.

Whoops. My previous post was wrong - I meant to say VA Tech, not West VA. That was pre-coffee as I was grinding my grains. :cross:

Nobody is rooting for OU-OSU? I think that would be a fun game. Otherwise, I would LOVE to see OSU-LSU, and see the Tigers win in honor of..............

:) BO PELINI. WELCOME TO NEBRASKA, WE MISSED YOU! :)

What a messed up season this has been. Illinois in the Rose Bowl against USC? Frickin' NUTS. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're in, but at the beginning of this season we were hoping to win a few games and have shiz nailed down for next year...

Freaking CRAZY :drunk:

Ize

Ahh, BCS computers, you're so fun. Who saw any of these others coming..?

Missouri vs. Arkansas
Texas Tech vs. Virginia
Michigan vs. Florida
Hawaii vs. Georgia
Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

Hokies v Jayhawks should be quite fun... Hawaii v Georgia is gonna be mighty interesting... And what's Michigan doing here?!? :p

All I know is that as much as I despise the BCS system and await the day when we get a sweet-16 tourny for football, there's something very, very sweet about Notre Dame's perpetually inflated standings getting burst this year. Year in and year out, no matter how good or bad they were, they always got a bowl berth of some sort and the networks always put their games on. Finally, the scam has been exposed. Unless they somehow still get into some bullsh*t bowl. Then, well, all hope is lost.

Oh, and GO HOKIES!

Back