Cold Crash Dry English Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkin

Reaction score
Ive been cold crashing an ESB in which i used WLP 007 Dry English Ale yeast. I know a yeast with medium or low flocculation should beable to cold crash for over a week with no worries of having too low of a population to bottle carbonate. However ive never used a yeast with high flocculation properties and began to be abit concerned. Ive been cold crashing for a week and a half, any worries of having too little cells in suspension to carbonate?

Ive been cold crashing an ESB in which i used WLP 007 Dry English Ale yeast. I know a yeast with medium or low flocculation should beable to cold crash for over a week with no worries of having too low of a population to bottle carbonate. However ive never used a yeast with high flocculation properties and began to be abit concerned. Ive been cold crashing for a week and a half, any worries of having too little cells in suspension to carbonate?

I doubt if you'll have any problems. as soon as things warm up the little guys will do their job.

There will be plenty of yeast when you bottle. If you're concerned, just allow your siphon to pick up a tiny bit of the yeast/sediment when transferring, but really I don't think its an issue.

Back