Coke cola wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McGee3

Reaction score
Iv heard of some people making wine, or some type of alcohol out of soda pop. Some sodas have yeast killing preservatives, others don't. From what i read, coke cola doesn't contain any, as well as mountain dew,
So i mixed coke cola with some sugar and added some fermenting yeast out of my already fermenting bottle of wine, (not the yeast cake at the bottom). What are the chances of this fermenting into some alcohol?

Well it appears to be fermenting, so i will let you know in a few days if it comes out good or bad,
Fingers crossed, this is rather an experiment.

I have an experiment that I have been fooling around with, Mt Dew wine. I used the syrup and made 3 gallons of it. The other day I had stabilized it and this weekend I will be adding Super Kleer. It's been a fun project but man... It tastes like rocket fuel!!!

As i explore this my mind starts wondering, what about fermenting energy drinks? Haha unless there is too much **** in it for the yeast. Which is most likely the case.

why would you do this when you can go to the store and get a concentrate that will blow this away.....you would be better off just making a rum and coke my friend. coca cola is soda, it is made with ingredients intended for soda not wine.

Honda88 said:
why would you do this when you can go to the store and get a concentrate that will blow this away.....you would be better off just making a rum and coke my friend. coca cola is soda, it is made with ingredients intended for soda not wine.

Why do anything? Because fermenting stuff is a hobby! You never know when you may stagger onto the next big thing

I agree with bottle bomber, if nobody experimented, nothing new and good would come along. Im just having some fun with it aswell, and so far, its been a few days and bubbles are still rising, i may try it tomorrow or so, if i choose to drink it young.

If this ends up working, Go to Walmart and get a bottle of soda syrup. Its called Soda Stream. There are many flavors that you can choose from and each bottle will make 3 gallons of soda. That's what I did with their Fountain Mist "Mt Dew" flavor.

I may have tried this in college when I could not afford to buy Miller High Life but no way would I do this just as an experiement. I have no doubt you will create alcohol....really nasty tasting alcohol.

I agree with bottle bomber, if nobody experimented, nothing new and good would come along. Im just having some fun with it aswell, and so far, its been a few days and bubbles are still rising, i may try it tomorrow or so, if i choose to drink it young.
An very curious, how did this turn out?

Back