Coconut Cherry Chocolate Milk Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested in trying one or two if you don't mine sending one my way. I've got a bourbon vanilla porter that came out great and a few other brews I could trade

I'm sorry Sir, I didn't see this post until today. You're probably a fine person, but I'm not ready to trade brews at this time. Please don't be offended by that. Nothing personal. :mug:

I did try the carbonated version today and I'm pretty happy with the result. I was worried because at no point in the brewing process did this beer taste good until today. The sample at bottling tasted dilute. I thought it was going to be weak in flavor. The two weeks in bottles made a big difference. It could be a little more robust, but it isn't weak in flavor.

The flavors are surprisingly well balanced. It actually tastes like a Cherry Chocolate Milk Stout. :mug:

I think I got really lucky for my first brew. The cherry isn't overpowering even at the 14% ratio. It adds a nice tartness and a mild cherry flavor.

I think the only change I'd make to this brew for next time is maybe 25%-50% more steeping grains and I think I'd add all the cocoa to the secondary instead of putting most of it in the boil. Some of it was lost in the yeast cake.

The commercial beer that this reminds me of is Ommegang Seduction. Not a clone, but in the right direction.

This stuff is more than adequately boozy too. I've had two beers and have a nice warm buzz. It's in the 7.5%-8% range and isn't harshly boozy in flavor.

I got lucky :rockin:

Too late to edit the OP, but I also added 3 tablespoons of Saigon cinnamon to the secondary and I can taste it, but not strongly.

Back