CO2 Won't Shut Off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zyry0301

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a weird situation going on with my c02.

Trying to turn off the co2 completely...so I adjust the regulator down to 0, then turn my top valve on my co2 tank. thats how I've done it countless times. and with the top valve on the c02 tank closed, if I then turn up the regulator nothing happens, no pressure builds.

however now, I noticed that I can still crank the pressure via the regulator regardless of if I crank the c02 top value all the way clockwise or counter.

any thoughts? i'm pretty confused.

Is the co2 valve handle stripped out, so that it is not actually turning the tank valve? Also, will your regulator turn up higher then your normal serving pressure? If not, you might have a check valve stuck open allowing gas to flow backwards from the keg into the regulator.

Also, if everything is working correctly you should have some high pressure gas between the tank and the regulator, which would allow you to turn the pressure up for just a moment. You might try loosening the regulator from the co2 tank to see if the gas is still flowing when the valve is closed.

To check I would trun the bottle off, disconnect the keg QDs, and push the QDs poppet/pin down to allow any gas trapped in the lines out. If the valve is not closing gas should continue to flow (usually it would be a quick burst and then nothing more)

Latest posts

Back