CO2 Tank Recertification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic0

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of my former bosses caught me in the hall today at work and is getting ready to move to Alaska, and asked if I wanted a free full CO2 tank; guess he is downsizing on stuff to move since it's quite a move.

Of course I said yes, but he said it's been more than 10 years since its last recertification, so the next time I fill or exchange it I'll probalby have to pay to get it tested/recertified.

What kind of bucks am I looking at potentially to recertify it?

THanks,

Nic

Probably $20-30 to re cert. I would just bring it in to a shop that does swaps and just tell them you need another tank of co2. Half the time they don't check the date and you end up just paying for the co2

I've heard this same thing about shops not checking. But maybe it isn't because they are not paying attention, might be something else. My 5lb tank cost $12 for CO2 and $3 for "tank maintenance" or some similar term. Never have quite understood what "tank maintenance" means unless it just goes towards the occasional tank recert.

Back