CO2 Tank Outside of Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EODtony

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm starting my keezer build and am looking to keep my CO2 tank outside my keezer due to space limitations. I was wondering how folks are running the gas line inside the keezer in this instance? I was looking for something similar to the beer shank, that way I can disconnect the gas line if I ever need to.

I guess as a last resort I could just drill a hole and have the gas line just running through the collar.

Mine presently just runs through a hole in the collar from the back. There are bulkhead adapters available that go through a collar or fridge wall and have 1/4" MFL connectors on each end. I will be switching to that when I make some improvements to my keezer this summer.

Drill a hole through the collar. Off the top of my head, I want to say I drilled a 1/2" hole for mine. It created an air tight seal. So much so that I had to cut the gas hose at an angle to get it started through, then use vise grips to pull it the rest of the way...

Drill a hole through the collar. Off the top of my head, I want to say I drilled a 1/2" hole for mine. It created an air tight seal. So much so that I had to cut the gas hose at an angle to get it started through, then use vise grips to pull it the rest of the way...

+1. That seal with a 1/2" bit was tight as can be.

Mine presently just runs through a hole in the collar from the back. There are bulkhead adapters available that go through a collar or fridge wall and have 1/4" MFL connectors on each end. I will be switching to that when I make some improvements to my keezer this summer.

+1 I just drilled a hole in the back of my collar so it was out of site and ran the line through it.

Back