CO2 Tank leaking?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
So I got the keezer all set up and running like 2 weeks ago. Filled up my 10# tank - ran it to clean/sanatize lines etc

I was running CO2 ONLY when I was using it until last Friday when I kegged my first batch - left it under constant CO2 - went to hit my tap today and nothing - got look at the regulator and it was kicked.

Is one week of running enough to empty CO2 or does it appear I have a leak? Everything is brand spanking new from kegconnection.com

Any recommendations/thoughts? How do you check joints etc for leaking after I refill the tank tomorrow?

Definitely a leak...fill a pump sprayer (grab a spent hair spray pump from your SWMBO) with a bit of dish soap and water...spray it on all the connections under pressure...you'll find what is leaking by watching the bubbles form.

Best of luck!

thats what I thought you did to test - guess we will see how it goes...

should i disconnect my kegs or anything or is the system going to stay under pressure?

I wont be able to get the tank refilled until sometime tomorrow afternoon

Yeah mine was leaking straight from keg connection. I was glad I had the good sense to check everywhere with starsan right when i hooked it up. Do me a favor and spray the backside of the regulator too.I had the cheaper keg connection brand and it had a hairline crack on the back of the regulator which was the culprit.

appears that its the sanke for my commercial kegs...

called up keg connection and they already are putting my replacement in the mail

Latest posts

Back