Co2 tank and refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbankert

Reaction score
I've seen it somewhere, but can't find it now, maybe somebody can help.
I'd like to have my CO2 tank outside my refrigerator to make room for another keg inside, but not sure how to go about doing it. I've heard of drilling through the wall and stuff- anybody have a link/post about how to do this?
Thanks

Most people go through the drain plug hole, but most fridges (including the Sanyo 4912), are no more then plastic (and maybe some metal) at the rear 'hump' for the condenser. All you need is a high pressure hose fitting like this to have CO2 tank external (Regulator internal).

8406.jpg

Beer Regulator High Pressure Hose - 6ft.

Or, the cheaper way, is drill holes as described above, and just have long air feed lines going in. This way the entire tank and regulator assembly is external (Recommend getting gauge cluster guard, just to be safe ;-).

It all depend of what fridge you are using but you can drill the back to pull the CO2 line out and then have your CO2 Tank, regulator and valve outside. I have mine like this, actually in a cabinet next to the kegarator and I am using a 2.7 cuft. here are a couple of pictures.

DSC01614.JPG

Make sure you there are no refregrant lines in the area you want ot drill. Then double check. Then grab a plain ole' drill and drill away.

I recommend having the gauges outside the fridge. That way you are not messing with high pressure Co2 lines and they adjust easier since the rubber diaphragms can get more brittle at the colder temperatures inside the fridge.

I drilled through the side of my fridge. It has a freezer on top so I knew the cooling lines were all up there, none in the fridge walls.

Back