Co2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merz69

Reaction score
Does the material matter for a regulator ? Brass or Stainless ?

i don't think so? tap-rites are popular, and they're plastic.....gotta say my kegco brass chrome plated one looks cool though...

I had two Taprites fail before 2 years used inside keezer. Don’t recommend them for that. Last one I got is a Harris but using it outside. Will see. Has 7 yr warranty vs the 1 yr of the other.

I had two Taprites fail before 2 years used inside keezer. Don’t recommend them for that. Last one I got is a Harris but using it outside. Will see. Has 7 yr warranty vs the 1 yr of the other.

i remember my harris, lasted me 10+ years...the tap-rites seemed to go about 5 a piece....

I have a Taprite inside my keezer, curious about the failure mode you've experienced with yours.

I have a Taprite inside my keezer, curious about the failure mode you've experienced with yours.

mine failed outside the fridge... i gave it away to someone here couple years ago, to see if they could rebuild it....but to me i just noticed it was leaking, because i can see it on the scale.....

Have had trouble now with Taprite, Keg King and Harris regulators after time. None of these ultimately seems built to last... in or outside of the kegerator.

Is there another build out there that is best in class, something that will last for more than 5 years? Or is that just "as good as it gets" for a regulator?

The knob got very hard to turn on both.
The red knobs can be replaced. Usually they get stripped over time. These are the 'push in, pull out' models.
I searched it here i think a year or two back.
Like $6 on AIH i think. Works great now still in my keezer all these 6 years.

The red knobs can be replaced. Usually they get stripped over time. These are the 'push in, pull out' models.
I searched it here i think a year or two back.
Like $6 on AIH i think. Works great now still in my keezer all these 6 years.
That I would like to see. Would be great.

Has anyone Calibrated the gage? I have a dual output and one reads two pounds high. Compared the two on charged tanks and with my fermentation pressure regulator.

Back