CO2 Regulator Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopheadva

Reaction score
I have a Taprite CO2 regulator (http://morebeer.com/products/dual-gauge-co2-regulator-taprite.html?site_id=5) and my regulator says there's CO2 in the tank, however when I try to turn the regulator knob to apply pressure to the keg it just clicks and no CO2 is being released into the keg, however if I remove the CO2 tank and open there's clearly gas in there. Is there just not enough gas to be added or is my regulator broken? I hate to go fill my CO2 tank up if I still have plenty in there...

1. Did you pull the knob out before trying to turn it? Push in to lock in place, pull out to adjust. Clockwise to increase pressure, counterclockwise to decrease pressure.

2. When you turn the knob, does it continue to click as you turn it? As if the knob itself is turning, but the valve is not? If so, the adjusting screw may be seized up and the knob stripped out. A new bonnet assembly will fix that and is very easy to replace.

thanks, yeah I've had it for about 2 years now so the plastic knob just got stripped. I just took the grey part of the bonnet off and am using an Allen wrench instead... it's kinda stupid that they make that piece out of plastic.

I agree. I had the exact same problem with my Taprite about a month ago. Seems like they could've designed the knob better.

Latest posts

Back