CO2 Refills in Bakersfield Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper450

Reaction score
I'm still in the early stages of calling around, but I saw there are a lot of Bakersfield people on these forums. Does anyone have a good source for CO2 tank fills in the Bakersfield area?

Well in case anyone runs across this thread in the future looking for CO2 in Bakersfield, I did get a response from Brandco on P Street stating that they fill customer owned CO2 tanks M-F. This was also the company recommended to me by the guys at our local Lengthwise Brewery who I asked for some advice also.

I would also like to mention that the guys down at Lengthwise are a real class act. They have helped me out on a couple occasions with my homebrewing despite having a very busy and successful brewery. I highly recommend checking them out if you're ever in the area!

Hey Hopper, i was interested in the price for Brandco. The cheapest I've found was praxair but theyll only swap cylinders. Also, do they do beergas. I havent been able to find anyone that can do nitro/co blends, only argon/co and im not too sure about using argon in my beer. Thanks for any info

Randy

Airgas.com has 2 locations in bakersfield, Fresno Oxygen/Barnes Welding Supply may have something too. I'd reserve the Argon/CO2 mix for welding, not for beer : )

btw, welding shops typically work on a swap system. Some may do actual refills but you may have to drop it off and come back in a week. The good thing about this is that you don't ever need to buy a nice new shiny tank, just any old POS that you find on CL that meets spec. Of course if you already bought a fancy shiny tank... let that be a lesson to you : )

My tank fill today was $21 for a 10lb tank at Brandco. There is a $15 minimum charge so a 5 lb tank would probably be similar. Cheers!

Oh and do not know about any other specialty gases, you would have to ask, but I kind of doubt it.

Ok thanks Hopper, btw, I just found out about a new LHBS in town called Whole Hog Brewing Supply. They're having a grand opening this Sunday, starting at 10 am. They're located on Shepard st, off of district and stine.

Whole Hog also hosts the local homebrew club Big Brew Theory if you're interested in meeting up with other local homebrewers.

Back