CO2 refill West Houston, TX?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillypo

Reaction score
I'm going to venture into the land of kegging tomorrow but I need some CO2!

I've tried searching around but everything people suggested is either closed now or on the otherside of the city.

There is a few welding supply shops around, but I've read some horror stories about getting bad gas not fit for beverages... I'll use one if someone can confirm that a place has good CO2 but I don't want to go in blind.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit
Editing so as not to bump, but recording in case someone searches and finds this post...

Found a place right near me, Katy Butane/Katy Propane (not sure which one their name is, they use both) is on SH 90 just off of I-10.

They do refill CO2 tanks, they just want you to stick it in the freezer for about an hour before you bring it out there to chill it.

Same with most place you go to because they can put more CO2 into the tank. Defalcos is probably not too far from you on 610. Maybe a paintball shop can do it for you too. I just a kegging set up too and havent filled the CO2 yet. i'm waiting to put my kegerator together and have a batch ready before hand. You can always ask the grade of CO2 from the place you fill it up. It should say it on the tanks. Good luck find a place. I need to find one so I can get some hook ups

I'm actually closer to the one in Katy than Defalcos. I also read (DISCLAIMER: I didn't call to verify) that Defalcos keeps your tank overnight, which wouldn't work for me.

Another place that may be useful to some is the Beverage Barn on Richmond. Its the drive through liquor store, but they also fill CO2. http://www.bbliquor.com/

Also, Texas Homebrewers at Fry Rd will be filling, but they need to get their regulator fixed, so it may be another week or 2, according to an email I got from them last week. http://www.texashomebrewers.com/

I am currently trying to find a place on the NW side (BW/290), so if anybody knows of anything up that way, I'd appreciate the info.

2 places...... Airgas on Hempstead highway, West side of town, just east of the West beltway. They are pricey, but also the only place that I've found for beer gas for the nitro tap. The cheaper alternative is Praxair, 10205 Sweetwater Ln, Houston, TX 77037. This is barely East of 45N, just south of West Road. (Opposite side of 45 than Frey's Electronics). Better CO2 prices.

Latest posts

Back