co2 pressure increasing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHamm

Reaction score
I have a dual regulator where I set the pressure to 10 psi but it keeps increasing up to 20 psi on it's own. Granted, I did move it from outside the fridge to inside the fridge when I hooked it up to the keg. Could the temperature drop in the co2 tank cause the gauge to increase?

Are the kegs carbonated? How did you carbonate them? Were they chilled previously or did you just insert them in the fridge?

Normal operating temeratures would have no effect on the psi your regulator is putting out. They're designed to output a consisted psi indefinately, unless manually adjusted.

Purge your kegs, then reset the psi by adjusting the screw on the regulator. If it moves on its own I would argue that you have defective regulator.

Also a note that there is a nut on the regulator screw that can be tightened to lock the screw in place on a lot of regulators. You might want to try securing that.

Back